Monday, April 7, 2008

…PoLiCe OfFiCers

Pretty happy for it’s Monday and we’re off from work. I got up still early to do my exercise routine. I cooked breakfast after and went back to sleep again. I woke up at 10:30 am. I started cleaning.

In the mid of doing it, my attention was captivated upon hearing a music, sounds like a tone of a cellphone, only to find out, it was mine. Amazing! One of our Chinese teachers’s name appeared. I was surprised for I am not used to receive a call from any of them on my off. I answered and found out that there are five (5) police officers waiting for me at the office, she was told through a phone call from our headmaster. I wondered why he didn’t immediately call me. Confusion dominate my mind as I prepared myself as if I was going to work. I was kinda scared why they were there.

This confusion wasn’t resolved until I met them. As I reached the headmaster’s office, I greeted them happily with a big smile, shaking hands to each, saying I was glad seeing them. Then, conversation started. They asked me about my security here in the city, whether I encounter some problems and so on, all about my life and my protection around the city. They said that it’s their duty to protect me for I am a foreigner, and that they are glad I am here imparting my knowledge especially about English. They added that they will be checking me from time to time. They also proposed that I should visit one day their office once in a while, talking to them and sharing my experiences here especially my difficulties and troubles, like security, visa and so on. They said they might be able to help. I was really exhilarated knowing all these things, I am highly protected. How wonderful!

My confusion, nervousness and fear vanished after our great talk. Everything turned out into laughters. I went to our office after and checked my mails. Then, I went home for lunch. Remember this, overcome your fears by trying to solve them out. Be brave! Be courageous to face them!

No comments: