Thursday, April 3, 2008

…ToMb SwEePiNg DaY




Tomorrow, April 4th, it’s a holiday here in China because it’s tomb sweeping day. On this day, Chinese people visit and clean the graveyards of their folks. They spent most of their time of the day there and offer them fresh and beautiful bouquets of flowers. Cemeteries are filled with thousands of people on this very day.

In line with this, we have an additional day off. It’s another rest day for all workers in China. But in our case, we have plenty of classes in the
weekends, in fact, we are going to have our English corners tomorrow late afternoon until evening, so our boss set today as our off, in exchange for tomorrow. Well, not bad at all.

I am wondering how to celebrate this. I don’t know how to spend my another one day of rest because I haven’t prepared an activity, for I just knew this yesterday. Well, I am just going to do my routines during my regular off. Do some exercises early in the morning, then take my breakfast, do laundry, clean the house, watch movies, sleep (actually most of my time is spent sleeping), do grocery, watch movies again and
sleep. But sometimes, in addition to that, I go to park and enjoy its beauty, the flowers, trees, landscapes, lake and children playing. That’s how I usually spend my off. Somehow, I am going to do the same today. Rarely, I visit the riverside park, Changjiang river or commonly known as Yangtze river, just hiking along.

Well, what about you people, how do you spend your holidays? Your day off? Do you usually make plans in advance? Do you do the same thing
every now and then? Or do you do various activities? Whatever they may be, enjoy your holidays.

I just hope you spend your holidays marvelously and enjoy them. Learn
from me, we need to refresh ourselves after a heavy work. Have a good holiday and take care always. Have a wonderful day to all of us and as always, I say, everything happens for a reason. More powers to all of us.

No comments: