Thursday, April 10, 2008

…cOnFiDeNt AnD sMaRt

How confident and smart are you? Are you not afraid to face people? Will you be able to think better under pressure? How are we going to rate one’s confidence and intelligence? How to test them?

As I continued my second day of the speech training, this time pure primary students. I was totally amazed by the confidence and intelligence of my students. They are somehow pretty ready to face regional speech competition. I let them recite their own speeches in front and I made some corrections and give additional advice, as what I am supposed to do. I did enjoy with their own way of delivering their speeches. They are still very young but very smart and confident. As I was at their age, I couldn’t make it, I thought.

Based on the activities that would take place on the regional battle, they would be given pictures and make a story out from them in few minutes. T’was also what I did. As young as they are, I couldn’t imagine they were able to make a marvelous stories under pressure. I gave them four pictures each and they have to choose two and make a story to each picture in five minutes. They had to share them in front after. They made it! They were able to share all their various stories. I could see great leaders in the future in them. So smart! Keep it up guys! Be prepared and be confident. Trust yourselves, I told them as I ended up the session.

No comments: