Tuesday, April 8, 2008

…LiU’aN eMbRaCeD mE tWiCe


Liu’an is one of the most promising cities of Anhui Province, where Jean, my best friend and ultimate partner here, is residing and at the same time teaching as of the moment. Such a gorgeous and benevolent fellow! Thanks for knowing her. I’ve been to this city twice before and I can truly say, it’s also a fantastic and progressive city, one must not forget to visit to.

My first visit was with Mary, another Filipino teacher here. That was National Holiday, after we arrived from our 3-day tour in Huangshan. We roamed around the city, to its resplendent park, highly developed one, surrounded by water, ate in a great restaurant, went shopping and bought some souvenirs. I stayed there overnight. The following day, I went back to my place. T’was indeed a corking experience. I enjoyed a lot with my best friends. We perfectly had a howling time together.

Last Christmas was the second. Their company organized a speech contest and, of course, headed by Jean. They invited me to be one of their foreign judges. Since we were not working that time, I absolutely said yes after confirming everything that I could have a 3-day holiday. There were eight judges during the contest, four of which are Chinese and the others are foreigners. I did enjoy the event. I’ve learned a lot. I was totally amused by the performances of the students. I greatly saluted Jean for such a successful event, for a job well done. The company actually booked a hotel for the foreign judges, but we didn’t stayed there for we also had to celebrate Christmas with some other Filipinos and other foreign friends in Hefei, who were waiting for us. So, we left after a wonderful dinner.

I heartily thanked Jean for such a wondrous experience I’ve had as well as to her supportive boss, Searching, a Singaporean, my earnest thanks to all of you for the trust and for giving me the chance to go through such a great event. I didn’t experience being a judge of a speech contest in the Philippines. So I really felt elated and honored. Once again, thanks for everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Stories from a Great Person!

Kudos to you!!!

I love reading all your blogs...I'm learning a lot from them! Thanx very much for writing about my "hometown" LU'AN!!! hahahahahah...

Thanx "arte." hahhahahhah!!!

Keep on writing!

TAX said...

salamat sa comments po
u're my inspiration
thanks for spending your time reading all my blogs

i wish u the best
and take care always

more powers to you and to your state of life, your work, life, love life, and so on.

keep on keeping on!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tax,

You're such a gifted child. I'm glad you're sharing your talent to us...

I admire you so much my friend.

Keep it up! Hope to see you in person again soon!!!

Take care always!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmwwwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

"ARTE"

TAX said...

kaartihan lang yan

hahahhahaa...
u-care kasi ang gatas namin nung maliit pa kami

tama ba un?
u care ba ung gifted child na ad?
nakalimutan ko na e
tagal na din kasi
hahahahhaha

salamat lola
of course
mana sa lola
hahahahaa
d ba?
so may pinagmanahan

well, thanks for the messages
well, kahit anonymous ka dyan
feel ko yan
hahahahhaha
kita ko sa naked eyes ko
ang kaartihan

salamat for everything

take care always
and ya
see you very soon

GOD bless us always