Thursday, April 17, 2008

…gIfTs I rEcEiVeD


I couldn’t imagine why they were able to have a such wondrous presents for me. They have no time. I made it a point not to tell them in advance so that they won’t bother to buy some. But I was amazed. They made it in just less than an hour. My boss phoned them an hour before dinner and told them the restaurant. Yes, they came with their respective presents. They entered the room and greeted me HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and wished me the best in life and here in China as they handed their gifts. I was filled with gratefulness and thanked them one by one.

Amazing gifts amused my eyes and diverted my feelings, for I was a little sad reminiscing those times I had with my family during this time. I truly appreciate the thoughtfulness of these people around me here. With my students, too, they are indeed worth calling, true and real friends. Thanks for the friendship you are offering.
I was filled with laughter as I opened each
of their presents. They, too enjoyed watching me opening them and capturing pictures at the same time. They also explained why they planned to buy them as I tore the wrappers. I couldn’t put in words what I felt that time. Indescribable! Well, thanks to all of you. I am in truth happy for your gifts. I just don’t know how to give back the kindness you showed me. I just wish you the best in your state of life, too. May all your labors be fruitful and successful. Thanks a lot.

No comments: