Thursday, April 17, 2008

…mY fIrSt TiMe

You might be thinking of my birthday again celebrated away from home. Yeah, t’was my first time. Yet, it’s not what I am talking here this time. For almost a year now of staying here, I haven’t eaten mangoes, one of the best fruits in my hometown. It’s just that they weren’t worth eating as I saw them before. Wrinkling peelings discouraged me to buy them.

So as to mention, every time I go to grocery store, I never minded looking at them, for I knew the fact that they are not that pleasing. I always have this in mind, though I truly want to buy even a kilo.

When I passed the fruits section, one time, April 16, my birthday exactly, I was astonished as I looked at them. They were somewhat saying, “Look at me now.” They were very beautiful that time, so smooth, so yellow and so fragrant. I felt somehow it’s a nature’s gift on my birthday. With no disinclinations, I did buy one and a half kilograms. Kinda expensive, yet they are worth it. I do miss eating them. It was my first time eating mangoes here in China, on my birthday. Thanks for passing there that time that my longing of eating mangoes vanished. I relished that time eating them, as if I didn’t want that moment to end. Thanks for the wonderful gift!


No comments: