Friday, April 4, 2008

…I wAs PaRt Of It


One time, I was astonished because I was called to the office and was told I am going to have classes in a middle school in a county of my city. It was so because my colleague, an American guy, is going to Hongkong to process his working visa. I had no choice. I had to take all his 14 classes there, in addition to my own classes. Pretty tough, huh!

Upon reaching the school’s vicinity, I was amused by its grand beauty. Its location is perfect, away from the noise of the city. It’s surrounded by nature. Right across the school is a big lake which I can compare to a sea in the Philippines. At its back is a huge mountain. It’s also bordered by fruit trees. It’s indeed a perfect location.

The school caters students living from far-flung places. So they have to live in the school’s dormitories. They can only come home once a month for four (4) days, meaning, their weekends are accumulated and taken as one. Teachers are also living in the teacher’s dormitory for it’s really quite far from the city. Its population also is quite huge. There are more than 1000 students, purely senior high school students.

As for me, I didn’t stay there. I kept going home everyday ‘coz I have also a class at night, which made me much tired. I slept in the teacher’s dorm, though during lunch break before my class for it usually starts at 2:50. I was completely overwhelmed by the students’s pleasing character as well as that of the teachers’s. They are very friendly, kind and hospitable that made my stay unforgetable. They were hoping that I would stay longer but it’s out of my jurisdiction.

My short stay there was absolutely a memorable one. I just wish them success in their endeavor, the students, the teachers and the school as a whole. “Do you best and God will take care of the rest,” I powerfully believe.

No comments: