Friday, April 4, 2008

…MuSiC



As I watched the ants crawled upon the wall, I noticed that no matter how busy they are, they still have time to stop and communicate to one another. But oftentimes, people don’t. Strange, right? Does that mean ants are better than humans as a whole?

With my busy schedule every week, my constant way of communicating is through music, listening to songs because with my situation, I still have to travel two and a half hours to see some of my foreign friends. It’s been my partner eversince I was a kid. I am well motivated to do my work better if there’s music. In fact, I often forgot the time as well as eating. As if it gives me an eternal vigor to go on with my work. It’s my life. Music is life for me and I could do the best when listening to it. It rocks my world. It makes my job lighter, easier and happier while on the go. It has a touching effect. It makes everything a piece of cake for me.

Many people also have several concepts regarding music. For some, it’s a loud noise. They can’t concentrate on whatever they are doing if there’s music. They prefer to work silently. Others find it annoying, loud and even disturbance. They don’t feel the vibrations when music is played. No feelings at all. Do you have the same opinions with these people? By the way, what do you think of music? Does it have an effect in your state of life? Well, what I can say is, it depends on the kind of music you are listening to.

Psychologically speaking, music has a healing power, that even scientists can’t explain until now. Intimately, there was this dying patient in a coma situation for several weeks, upon hearing a mellow ringtone of a cell phone from one of his visitor, the toes responded. It produced a little movement. Meaning, there’s a vivid sign of hope. Then that time on, the wife let him listen to similar music from time to time. Doctors couldn’t believe that there’s an enormous progress in his condition, until he was completely cured and lives happily now.

Another clear example, if you are familiar with the movie entitled, “Mars Attacks,” where people in that movie had done their best to negotiate with the aliens from Planet Mars. But everything turned out to be destruction and war. They fought with these aliens bravely but still they were defeated. Do you know what was the solution that devastated all aliens? It was the music listened by an aged woman that led to the death of all aliens. So, how is that explained? There is really something in music that noone can explicate.

Friends, whatever you conceive music to be, well it’s your choice. But I tell you, there’s an inner power in it. It can unite different races and even the world, for it is itself the language of the world, I believe.

2 comments:

SUGARFREE147 said...

thanks for the wonderful insights about music!!! i do believe also that music has a healing power that touches people mysteriously. it is also my hobby to listen to music especially if i am gloomy. it is also the same thing i do to get me going. thanks to music~~
music is my life!!!

i hope my master will give me ipod nano. hhhhhhh thanks ha

TAX said...

hahahahhaa,
thanks master
wow, great comment
really
you do
i know
what music u like best
hahahahhahaha
got it

thanks and see you