Friday, April 4, 2008

…SpRiNg FeStIvAl



What did you do last Spring Festival or Chinese New Year? Did you celebrate? Did you travel? Or just stay at home. Or where did you go? Who do you celebrate with? Was it great? What did you prepare?

Spring Festival is Chinese’s most important festival as Christmas for most of the western countries. On this day, they prepared a great dinner with all members of the family together. They usually eat dumplings. Children receive money from their folks and parents. They prepared for this event for several days. They usually clean their houses and wash all their dirty clothes, that they are clean to meet the new year. It’s one of their practices on this marvelous event.

It was really great for me ‘coz we had more than a month vacation. So I traveled around to meet some of my friends. My first stop was in Hefei, the capital of Anhui province where I stayed for a night. Then I moved to Chuzhou the next day, still a city of Anhui, where my colleague in another branch is residing, a Filipino. I stayed there most of my time. We supposed to go to Guangzhou, but because of the snow storm, we decided to stay. Days after, we went to Nanjing in another province, Jiangsu Province. It used to be the capital of China. We roamed around there by subway for the entire day. Then we went back to Chuzhou in the evening by train. My friend toured me around the city. I also met a lot of friends there. I even plan to go back there soon.

My first Spring Festival in China was really great. We also had a big dinner. Our fellow Filipinos prepared a big banquet. There were 8 Filipinos that time, all teachers and a Chinese, my friend’s colleague. I ate a lot for they served Filipino dishes which I missed for so long. We perfectly had a fantastic dinner together.

Then one day, we went boating in Chuzhou’s South Lake. We had a lot of fun. We preferred to rent a manual one that we could have a race. Everybody enjoyed the activity. Then we went to sauna, massage parlor and shopping. T’was really a perfect moment.

I somehow forgot my problems that time. Completely funny. I stayed there for almost three (3) weeks. Then I went back to Hefei again. We also had different celebration with some Filipino friends there. I could really say, Spring Festival is one of my best memories in China. What about you, do you have one?

No comments: